If you are running a business and you want to get noticed, how would you get the word out? Advertising on the radio, TV or the newspaper are some good choices, but what about people that don’t even know they want to come into your business? Signs and banners let potential customers know you’re there and draw them in to your business. There are a variety of signs to choose from and the type of business you own determines the type you need. Here’s what you have to choose from:
* Wooden- Wood is a classic. It must be treated and sealed properly for longevity, but it will add a nice professional touch to your business. It makes a subtle statement that is strong and clean.
* Aluminum- Durable, light and low maintenance. For a permanent low cost way to display your business name or logo, aluminum is best. Aluminum signs are also a staple for marking the parking lot with handicap spaces, loading zones and other instructions.
* Lighted- A classic sign. It makes your business stand out; it’s more subtle than neon. If you don’t have to compete for attention, but still want to be noticed, this is the way to go. It can be placed either above the store front or on a pole near the street. Either way, it puts your business name in lights and lets those driving by know you’re there.
* Neon – You’re probably thinking of Las Vegas. There’s a very good reason why so many signs out there are neon – it’s competition. You have to be noticed and if everyone has neon, you don’t want to be hidden with a less dramatic sign. If you are in a busy, congested location, neon will make you stand out.
* Message Boards- These can be indoor or outdoor. The nice thing about the digital message board is that you can change the message as often as you like. If you are running a special sale or have a special announcement to make, this allows you to do it without having to buy a new sign.
* Banners- These are great for temporary advertising. If you are waiting for a permanent sign to go up, you still want the customers to know who you are and that you are open. Also, banners are portable and can be taken to festivals or fairs for additional advertising.
Whatever you choose, there is something to be said for signs and banners. Sure, some can be cheesy, but at least people noticed them. You have to let potential customers know where you are so they can come in and spend money. More than not, people want something they didn’t even know they wanted until they spotted you.